girl-youve-got-nothing-but-time said: Once you get this you must share five random facts about yourself, then pass this on to your 10 favourite followers :')
1. I’m obsessed with brushing my teeth so much to a point my dentist told me I was brushing away my enamel and had to cut-back.
2. I lived in Nicaragua for 10 days doing volunteer work in a poverty-stricken community.
3. I graduated college with honors (3.7 cumulative GPA)
4. My new hobby is Couponing and I’ve saved my family over $200 within the past month.
5. I paint my room all the time because I get bored of the colors after a while.
Successful hooping day with @oliviacnski and @nruggs26! This is just one of the many new tricks I learned! 😁👏 #HOOPLA
"the years between eighteen and twenty-eight are the hardest, psychologically. it’s then you realize this is make or break, you no longer have the excuse of youth, and it is time to become an adult – but you are not ready."
"You shouldn’t try to stop everything from happening. Sometimes you’re supposed to feel awkward. Sometimes you’re supposed to be vulnerable in front of people. Sometimes it’s necessary because it’s all part of you getting to the next part of yourself."
you don’t “beat” depression. you don’t “defeat” eating disorders. you survive them. stop making severe mental illnesses sound like something you can overcome just by throwing the right punch.
"You need to love the wrong ones, to know what it feels like when you finally do love the right one."
"I destroyed my body for a piece of mind I never got." Looking back on the photo on the left that was taken the day before my family held an intervention in 2012, I am realizing now just how unhealthy I was. Recovery from an eating disorder (and self-harm) is a lifelong process not just for me but for anyone struggling. I have really good days and really bad days. People need to realize that you don’t have to be stick thin to have an eating disorder. I opened up about my story to help others and I’ve had countless people tell me that I’ve helped them stay strong and there is NO better feeling than that.
A woman should be two things: who and what she wants 👊